For young people transferring to Adult Services
When & Where?
Sat 8th July 10am-4.30pm
Tile Barn Outdoor Centre
We appreciate many of you have been closely cared for by the children’s heart team for a long time. It may be a scary thought for you and your family, moving to a team you don’t know… this FREE day should help relieve any worries. This is a unique opportunity to meet your Adult Heart Team, plus other young people with heart conditions, with similar experiences and stories to tell. But it’s not all serious… there will be lots of fun!
This event is being hosted by Tile Barn Outdoor Centre. It is being run by Thames Valley and Wessex Congenital Heart Disease Network in conjunction with Somerville Heart Foundation who are sponsoring the day.
What to expect from the day
- Celebrity guests including music!!
- Goodie bags
- Activities such as archery, climbing, crate stacking, field games
- Meet your Adult Heart Team
- Free BBQ lunch and refreshments
- Information on the Duke of Edinburgh scheme, exercise, employment, contraception, dental health & more
- Support from learning disability & autism specialists
Who to bring?
We will have a ‘parent zone’ and somewhere for you to chill out. But you could also bring a partner or friend! Got brothers or sisters?…bring them along! We will have activity sessions for them too (subject to age and availability).
How do I book?
The day is FREE but please CLICK HERE TO BOOK a place for each person attending. Places are on a first come first served basis as numbers are limited.